The Sisters of Mercy hold a particular significance in our College story and history and serve as the patrons for Mercy House.
PATRON: The Sisters of Mercy
The Sisters of Mercy, established in Dublin, Ireland in 1831, dedicated themselves to caring for the sick and poor. They were later invited to Perth by Bishop Brady, where Sister Ursula Frayne led six sisters to Western Australia.
As the first religious women in Western Australia, the Sisters of Mercy were pioneers for their work with the impoverished and institutionalised. Not to mention their tireless efforts in education – fostering the learning of many.
They established several primary schools in the Perth region and provided the land that our campus is on today, leaving a legacy forever informing the education of Western Australian children.