MATER DEI COLLEGE LAPTOP PROGRAMME
Twenty first century Laptop Programmes are part of an international move towards individualising education. Using personal digital learning technologies, these programmes aim to increase independent and self-initiated learning in students and extend their learning beyond the classroom. By engaging students in this way, students take greater pride and ownership over the knowledge they create and are encouraged to become lifelong learners.
The Apple MacBook range of laptops comes with a range of software and learning tools designed to make teaching and learning easier and more engaging.
Students are able to use any of the current Apple MacBook range, 13” MacBook Air, 12” MacBook, 13” MacBook Pro or 13” MacBook Pro Retina with at least 256GB of storage (recommended but 128GB acceptable).
The MacBook comes as a complete hardware-software package with a range of educational applications not available with PCs and Windows Operating systems. It comes with the OS X operating system which is designed for ease of setup and use.
The benefits to the student include:
- Access to technology anywhere in the College
- Technology is available on or off campus at all times
- Access to the tools they need to create information and media-rich work and share this work with their teachers and peers
To find out find more about the Laptop 1:1 programme and the ICT Policies please view the links below:
- Link to Apple online store: http://store.apple.com/au_eduind-k12-discounted_802577 Alternatively, if you wish to go to the Apple store in Perth or Booragoon you will receive the same pricing along with advice.
- Link to MacWorx, Joondalup, Mater Dei College Apple Bundle Offer.
- Laptop Programme – Guide to Parents 2017, Laptop requirements for 2017
- Laptop 1:1 Programme Information Link
- Mater Dei College Information Communication and Technology Use Policy for students
- To learn more about the use of Mac's in the classroom please view
- Parents and students make the best decisions about learning tools when they understand the products and services they're using and how their information is handled, to learn more about the built in privacy features please follow the link
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need to hire a laptop then you will need to contact the IT Department. To email the IT Department please follow this link or phone on 9405 4777