The ICEA Classic
The ICEA Classic is on at Cottesloe this Sunday 10 September.
Please share the information and promotional video with students, staff and families in Homerooms & Newsletters.
The ICEA Classic is a youth-run festival that celebrates everything that makes WA great - Noongar culture, surfing, skating, basketball, live music, and good vibes.
This year’s Classic will be bigger than ever with Thelma Plum headlining the main stage.
8-10 Sep CONVERSATIONS WITH THE WISDOM OF BENEDICTINE WOMEN
Throughout the ages there have been many Benedictine women who have shared the wisdom they have acquired in their search for God. This retreat will reflect on this wisdom using the writings and lives of St Scholastica, the sister of St Benedict; St Leoba, German Benedictine Missionary of the 7/8th century; Heloise of the Paraclete, acclaimed abbess of the 12th century; Dorothy Day, Benedictine Oblate and peace activist of the 20th century and Joan Chittester, Benedictine of our time and interfaith advocate. Presenter; Carmel Posa sgs, Cost: $260. Further info:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; 08 9654 8371.
24 Sep NOONGAR COUNTRY AND CATHOLIC ECOLOGICAL CONNECTION
A trip exploring Whadjuk Noongar Country and exploring the interconnectedness and the Pope’s Encyclical Ladauto Si hosted by the Centre for Faith Enrichment and the Aboriginal Catholic Ministry,Sunday 24 September, 11-3pm at Whadjuk Noongar Country, Kings Park. BYO lunch and snacks. Cost, suggested amount $25-$50, contact us if this is an issue. Click here for flyer. Further info: Vicky Burrows firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9328 7529, 0412 529 656.
24 Sep SOCIAL JUSTICE SUNDAY
The Australian Catholic Social Justice Council (ACSJC) will launch the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Social Justice Statement for 2017–2018 entitled, ‘Everyone’s Business: Developing an inclusive and sustainable economy’ on Sunday 24 September. In this year’s Statement, the Catholic Bishops of Australia consider the economic priorities of Australia. They draw from the teachings of Pope Francis and his predecessors to highlight how the exclusion of poor and vulnerable citizens from the benefits of economic growth, reveal a lack of justice in the economic system itself. They draw on new understandings of development in the spheres of social and economic policy to highlight how the wellbeing of humans and all of creation must be an economy’s central purpose. The statement calls for a new approach that prevents exclusion from the outset and engages all people as dignified contributors to sustainable and economic growth. Click here letter from Archbishop Denis Hart, President of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. Click here for SJS summary and click here for order form for Statement. Further info: John Ferguson, email@example.com or 02 8306 3499.
25-27 Sep CATHOLIC YOUTH MINISTRY TEENS CAMP 2017 – HEART OF A CHAMPION
4 days of games, adventure activities, inspirational talks, prayer and making new friends! Teens (grades 7-12) are invited to attend. Cost is $200 for your first child and $170 for siblings. Includes all accommodation, food, transport and adventure activities. 25-28 September at Manjedal Activities Centre. Registration close Monday, 11 September. visit www.cym.com.au. Do not miss out!Further info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9422 7912.
29 Sep-1 Oct BENEDICTINE EXPERIENCE WEEKENDS
Benedictine spirituality is more readily experienced than defined. Beginning with Vespers 6.30pm, Friday 29 September, concluding Sunday, 1 October after lunch, New Norcia Monastery Guesthouse. Other weekends available in October and November. The weekend provide the opportunity to enter fully into the monastic rhythm and balance of prayer, work, lectio divina, hospitality and the community life. There will be opportunities to ponder the riches of the scriptures and monastic literature, both in group discussions and personal silence and solitude, bringing from the ‘storeroom, things both new and old’. Participants are also invited to join the community for silent meals in the refectory, one of many invitations to listen with the ‘ear of the heart'. Suggested donations $250 for those who can afford, this includes accommodation, meals and entry into the Museum and Art Gallery. Further info: Guesthouse Manager 08 9654 8002 email@example.com.
- Exam Boost Seminars for Year 11 & 12 ATAR students in Term 3 and 4 - One day, 6 hour courses offering students exam help and preparation before their Exams. Students will work through how to answer ATAR exam questions to maximise marks, gaining an understanding of what markers are looking for and receive detailed feedback on their work from an experienced exam marker. Enrol in Exam Boost Seminars today at www.academictaskforce.com.au or call 9314 9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term 3 Holidays Year 11 & 12 ATAR Holiday Revision with Academic Task Force - 10 hr subject revision and exam preparation courses to guide your study and preparation for your Mock and ATAR exams. Available in week 1 and 2 of the Term 3 school holidays at Rossmoyne SHS, Churchlands SHS and Perth Modern School. Enrol online today at www.academictaskforce.com.au or call 9314 9500 or email email@example.com
- September Year 12 ATAR Revision Courses with Academic Associates – Premium 10 hr revision courses available at the University of Western Australia in week 1 of the Term 3 school holidays. Enrol online at www.academicassociates.com.au or call 9314 9500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will discuss:
· The importance of the mother-son relationship:
· What boys need from their mums:
· Practical ways to improve & maintain a positive and rewarding relationship.
Date: Wednesday 13 September 2017
Time: 6.30pm to 9.00pm
Where: Lotteries House, 7/70 Davidson Tce, Joondalup
Bookings are essential – please phone 6164 0200 to enrol