Dei to Dei
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
On Friday this week we celebrate Mater Dei College’s Foundation Day – a wonderful opportunity to come together and celebrate our existence as a Catholic school community. The day will commence with Mass in the Bernie Boss Hall followed by a range of activities that serve to raise funds for those less fortunate than ourselves, provide opportunities for students to interact with each other in a true sense of building community and of course, to have some fun. I am sure there will be much evidence in next week’s newsletter of the day’s activities. Our Foundation Day appropriately occurs in close proximity to the Feast of the Annunciation on Saturday, during which we celebrate Gabriel’s appearance to Mary and his announcement to her that she was chosen to become the mother of Our Lord. As Mater Dei in the Latin language translates to ‘Mother of God’, Mary holds a special place in the life of our school. We believe in the dignity and the nurturing of individuals and seek to follow, with courage, Mary’s example of faith. This is the very reason why our College motto is ‘Faith with Courage’ – something that Mary had in abundance.
Next week our Year 12 students embark on a three day Retreat experience at various venues on the outskirts of Perth – a very important time in their lives as students in their final year of schooling. We trust all will benefit from this reflective and spiritual experience and wish our students and the staff who will accompany them, a most worthwhile three days together.
Regards and God Bless,
Interim Reports and Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews
The College has just completed its Student Review process, producing an Interim Report for each student that indicates their progress in this early stage of the year.
The Interim Reports will be available to view via SEQTA, on Monday 27th March.
As you would be aware, SEQTA is the College’s teaching and learning management tool allowing teachers to monitor students and keep track of their school journey, including their academic and pastoral progress. All Mater Dei students and parents have access to SEQTA allowing them to view their timetable, their marks and the programmes and assessment outlines for all their courses.
To access your child’s Interim Report, log on to SEQTA Engage on Monday, 27th March after 9.00am http://www.mdc.wa.edu.au/home/sign-in/ then click on the “Reports” icon.
If you are having trouble logging on to SEQTA Engage please email our Receptionist, Ms Sam Munro who will assist you. Samantha.email@example.com
An opportunity exists to meet teachers at the Parent/Teacher/Student meetings to be held in the Bernie Boss Hall on Wednesday 5th April, commencing at 10.30am and concluding at 7:30pm with a break in the middle of the day to allow for teacher professional development and also a dinner break at 5.00pm.
To arrange an interview for that day, please access the Parent-Teacher Online (PTO) booking facility via the sign-in page on the College website. http://www.mdc.wa.edu.au/home/sign-in/
The PTO facility will be available from 9.00am on Tuesday 28th March for appointments with teachers who have requested an interview; all other bookings can be made after 9.00am on Thursday 30th March until 3.00pm on Tuesday 4th April.
To log in to PTO click on "Obtain PIN/Password" and follow the instructions.
Full instructions are provided to you after log in but please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. Bookings are made by family (and alternative family if applicable).
- You will be given the opportunity to select multiple teachers and a starting time, after which the system will calculate optimal booking options. In this way, multiple bookings can be made all at once.
- You can also switch to manual mode (and back if you wish) in which you will only see timeslots that are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, those timeslots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double booking of teachers or parents/guardians.
- When you have made all the bookings you require, you can print a report of your bookings in time order. You can log in and change bookings any time up to 3:00pm on the day before the interviews.
- If you see an exclamation mark on a yellow background displayed alongside the class name, it means this teacher requests that you book an interview.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a timeslot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this timeslot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
If your son/daughter is taught by the same teacher for more than one subject and you would like to meet with that teacher, please book only one appointment time slot to see that teacher.
If you encounter any problems using PTO, please contact Ms Sam Munro who will assist you.
We hope you find that the Interim Report provides useful feedback and stimulates conversations with your child and we look forward to seeing you at the Parent/Teacher/Student meetings on Wednesday 5th April.
John Sullivan Teresa Cosgrove
Deputy Principal - Students Deputy Principal - Students