Important information about accident protection for students*
Unfortunately, accidents involving students happen. To assist parents with costs associated with accidents, we have SchoolCare insurance provided by Catholic Church Insurance Limited (CCI). SchoolCare is a student accident insurance policy, providing protection to all students attending our school. Our school is covered by a 24 Hour policy. This includes worldwide accidental injury cover 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides lump sum benefits under Section 1 of the policy. Non Medicare medical expenses are only payable in relation to activities such as:
- Attending school
- Engaging in a sporting activity
- A secondary student undertaking a work experience program
- Voluntary services to a religious, charitable, educational or benevolent organisation
- Youth activities organised by a voluntary association such as guides or scouts or
- Travelling to, or from, the above activities.
Our policy covers three important areas of care and any one accident may be claimable under one or more of these areas.
1. Up to $7,500 inclusive per accident for medical costs (excluding any Medicare expenses or the Medicare Gap) from the following registered medical practitioners:
- Remedial massage
- Costs from a chemist, and
- Hospital accommodation and facility fees
2. Fixed amounts for defined events. For example, when a student accidentally receives a fracture of the hand, the policy will pay a fixed amount of $250.
For information regarding all defined events covered under the policy and the fixed amount payable, please call the SchoolCare Helpline: 1300 138 498
3. Other benefits related to the injury sustained, including:
- Emergency transport resulting from an accidental injury
- Home tuition
- Hospital inconvenience allowance
- Nursing allowance
- Professional counselling fees and
- Assistance with payment of school fees in the event of the accidental death of a parent or guardian.
These are all limited to specific amounts per accident. These amounts are detailed in the table of benefits contained in the policy, and are subject to the policy wording, terms, conditions and exclusions.
If you have any queries regarding this cover, please contact the CCI SchoolCareHelpline: 1300 138 498 or visit the dedicated website, www.ccinsurance.org.au/schoolcare
* This information is of a general nature and is provided as a summary only. You should consider obtaining independent professional advice to ensure that individual circumstances are properly considered. See the policy document for full terms, conditions and exclusions.
Catholic Church Insurance Limited ABN 76 000 005 210, AFSL No. 235415
Centre for Faith Enrichment - Term 4 Program
Are you searching for ways to enrich your understanding of the Catholic faith and tradition? Would you like to find out more about the Bible, the history of the Church or a particular sacrament which your child may be receiving? The Centre for Faith Enrichment offers a wide range of face-to-face and online courses and events on topics ranging from spirituality, Church history, theology, Scripture, Christian living and much more. No exams or assignments, just a relaxed and friendly learning atmosphere. To know more visit our website www.cfe.org.au where you will find our courses and events page and explore our new sacraments website.
Enrol your children now in VacSwim swimming lessons during the summer school holidays.
With swimming pools and beaches a part of the Western Australian lifestyle, ensuring your children learn how to swim and are safe in the water is a must for all families.
Your children can join in the fun of learning to swim in lessons run at pools and open water venues across the State. VacSwim is for all children – from beginners through to advanced survival, rescue and resuscitation.
Your children can learn to swim for just:
- $7.00 per child for a five day short program
- $13.00 per child for all other programs.
It's even cheaper if you have three or more children:
- $18.00 a family for a five day short program
- $35.00 a family for all other programs.
To find out more about VacSwim and to enrol online please visit education.wa.edu.au/swimming.
Current and former Mater Dei students are treading the boards at the Limelight Theatre in Wanneroo which will be presenting: ‘The Wedding Singer’ Directed by Jen Edwards and David Nelson.
This production will showcase the talents of ex-Mater Dei students Emerson Brophy and Ashlee Torrens (Graduating class 2010) and Maggie Clark (Graduating class 2013).
From our current student cohort, they will be joined by Caitlin Easton (Year 12), Keely Lynch (Year 10) and Blake Torrens (Year 11) – all of whom were members of the College production of ‘Grease’
If you enjoyed ‘Grease’, then you will love ‘The Wedding Singer’ with all the crazy hair and crazy attitudes you would expect from a time-warp back to the 80’s, come on down to your local theatre and support the local talent presented by this amazing cast of young, old and everyone in-between. Tickets are selling fast so get in quick for your chance to what the amazing youth of our community has to offer.
Black Swan Theatre Ambassador