Join the St Vincent de Paul Society Volunteer Family
St Vincent de Paul Society is seeking people to join their volunteer team. Your efforts will help to support their good works, such as the provision of bedding, clothing and food to those experiencing hardship, and providing shelter for the homeless. In turn, you can enjoy a range of benefits proven to be associated with volunteering, such as an increase in well-being, happiness, health and longevity! There a number of diverse, interesting and stimulating roles available, at a range of locations, on a range of different time commitments. To name a few, you could try your hand at sorting material donations, providing customer service in our retail stores, assisting truck drivers to collect donations, assembling furniture and helping with store displays. To find out more or to express your interest, call Sarah on 6323 7531 or email email@example.com
Noongar Country & Catholic Ecological Connection
On behalf of Catholic EarthCare and Aboriginal Catholic Ministry we would like to invite you to a sharing on Noongar Country in Kings Park on Sunday the 5th of November from 11am-2pm, where we will learn about the local environment from a Noongar custodian and reflect on our Catholic call to care for creation and the wisdom and culture of Aboriginal people in regards to stewardship and connection to land. The day will end with a shared lunch (bring food to share) and a Mass. Children welcome and encouraged.
To register please visit http://cfe.org.au/courses-and-events/noongar-country-catholic-ecological-connection/
Here is a link to our latest newsletter as well. http://acm.perthcatholic.org.au/?p=452
Current and former Mater Dei students are treading the boards at the Limelight Theatre in Wanneroo which will be presenting: ‘The Wedding Singer’ Directed by Jen Edwards and David Nelson.
This production will showcase the talents of ex-Mater Dei students Emerson Brophy and Ashlee Torrens (Graduating class 2010) and Maggie Clark (Graduating class 2013).
From our current student cohort, they will be joined by Caitlin Easton (Year 12), Keely Lynch (Year 10) and Blake Torrens (Year 11) – all of whom were members of the College production of ‘Grease’
If you enjoyed ‘Grease’, then you will love ‘The Wedding Singer’ with all the crazy hair and crazy attitudes you would expect from a time-warp back to the 80’s, come on down to your local theatre and support the local talent presented by this amazing cast of young, old and everyone in-between. Tickets are selling fast so get in quick for your chance to what the amazing youth of our community has to offer.
Black Swan Theatre Ambassador
- January ATAR Head Start Program with Academic Task Force – Increase your confidence and start your Year 11 and 12 studies with a boost with our Head Start Courses. We offer 6 hr subject courses in Year 11 and 12 ATAR subjects, Essay Writing and Study Skill during the Summer Holidays from the Tuesday 16th Jan –Thursday 25th Jan 2018 at Rossmoyne SHS and Churchlands SHS. Enrol online today atwww.academictaskforce.com.au or call 9314 9500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- January Year 7-10 Head Start Program with Academic Task Force. Programs available in Naplan Preparation, GATE and Scholarship Preparation, Intermediate English, Advanced Maths, Foundation Maths and English, Learning Skills and Essay Writing. Our 2017 January Head Start program will run from Tuesday 16th Jan – Thursday 25th Jan 2018. Each subject is six hours, over two days. Enrol now online at www.academictaskforce.com.au or call 9314 9500 or email email@example.com.
Enrol your children now in VacSwim swimming lessons during the summer school holidays.
With swimming pools and beaches a part of the Western Australian lifestyle, ensuring your children learn how to swim and are safe in the water is a must for all families.
Your children can join in the fun of learning to swim in lessons run at pools and open water venues across the State. VacSwim is for all children – from beginners through to advanced survival, rescue and resuscitation.
Your children can learn to swim for just:
- $7.00 per child for a five day short program
- $13.00 per child for all other programs.
It's even cheaper if you have three or more children:
- $18.00 a family for a five day short program
- $35.00 a family for all other programs.
To find out more about VacSwim and to enrol online please visit education.wa.edu.au/swimming.