Andrew Hodgson graduated from Mater Dei College in 2006 and since this time has pursued his passion for Design.
Andrew describes his journey,” I studied Graphic Design at CIT for a few years then moved to London to try and get into the film industry. I stayed there for about two and a half years working for one of the top companies in visual effects, the Moving Picture Company. The type of work I was doing was mainly building spaceships and vehicles in 3-D for feature films”.
Andrew’s movie work includes:
- Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Walt Disney Pictures)
- Hunger Games – Mocking Jay, Part 2 (Lionsgate)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel, Walt Disney Pictures)
- Terminator: Genisys (Paramount Pictures)
- The Finest Hours (Walt Disney Pictures)
- Independence Day: Resurgence (Twentieth Century Fox)
Andrew elaborated, “I currently live in Vancouver doing the same type of work, but I am now in the most prestigious visual effects studio which has been around for 40 years, Industrial Light & Magic / Lucas Film / Disney.
Andrew is employed as a Hard Surface Modeller at Industrial Light and Magic Vancouver.
To view a showreel of Andrew’s achievements, please follow the link:
Or view his website www.andrew-hodgson.com/